About the Department
Horticulture is identified as one of the growth engines with a focus to increase the production and productivity of various horticulture crops coupled with value chain development ,marketing linkages to help the farming community for realization of remunerative prices.
The main objectives are:
- To extend technical services & guidance to farmers in implementation of new technologies, new crops etc.
- To increase production & productivity by bringing additional area through diversification of traditional crops to market driven horticulture crops like fruits and high value vegetables, spices, plantation crops and flowers.
- To improve the productivity by adoption of beast package of practices, usage of high yielding/hybrid quality planting material, rejuvenation of old orchards.
Schemes/ Projects details
- State Plan scheme
- Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojana
- National Mission for Oilseeds & Oilpalm
- Mission for Integrated development of Horticulture exclusively to Paderu
- On farm water management- APMIP
- Project Director & Deputy Director of Horticulture- 7995087039
- Asst.Director of Horticulture, Visakhapatnam- 7995086763
- Asst.Director of Horticulture, Narsipatnam- 7995086764
- Asst. Director of Horticulture
- Horticulture officers
- MPEO (Horticulture)