COMPONENTS AND THEIR OBJECTIVES OF DRDA-VELUGU, VISAKHAPATNAM
- Promotion and strengthening of self-managed and financially sustainable community based organizations that are owned and controlled by poorest of the poor and poor
- Providing a wide range of micro-finance products and social developmental services to members on a timely basis for securing sustainable livelihoods and improving quality of life of poorest of the poor and poor
- Ensuring timely provision of technical services to the members by developing social capital https://ntrbharosa.ap.gov.in/
Andhra Pradesh Government main object of the scheme is to provide relief to the families of unorganized workers in case of death or disability of the unorganised worker leaving the families in great distress. All India statistics indicate that Andhra Pradesh is one of the States with large number of accidents. The death or disability due to accident of an unorganized worker results in misery to his family and hardship caused by reduced earnings and medical and other expenditure relating to the accident. Hence, there is every need to provide accident death and disability insurance to the worker towards social ecurity. Further, even natural death of an unorganized worker results in undue hardship to the family members left by the worker who need to be provided ome relief. Government had already implemented social security scheme to the transport drivers in the unorganized sector on pilot basis and on the working experience of the said scheme, it is felt appropriate to extend the social security scheme to all unorganized workers in the State with certain modifications to provide disability coverage also. This scheme is implementation from 2nd October 2016.
Name of the Scheme: Horticulture Plantation
AIM: With convergence of Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Gaurantee Shceme (MGNREGS) Department should identify SC, ST, small and marginal Farmers and developing of fruit plantation in their own lands for creation of livelihoods to them in the District.
Name of the Scheme: Avenue Plantation
AIM: With convergence of Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Gaurantee Shceme (MGNREGS) Department should identify Poor SHG Women Members towards Avenue Plantation at Highways, Panchayat Roads for creation of livelihoods to them in the District.
T.R. Bharosa Pensions:
Types of Pensions covered:
- Old Age Pension
- Weavers Pension
- Widow Pension
- Disabled Pension
- Toddy Tapper Pension
- Abhaya Hastam Pension
Eligibility Criteria Common to all Pensions.
- The proposed beneficiary shall be from BPL family
- He/She shall be a local resident of the district.
- He/She are not covered under any other Pension Scheme.
Old Age Pension
Old age persons, both male and female, who are 65 years of age of above and are destitute (with little of no means of subsistence and no family or relative to depend upon).
Weaver is 50 years of age or above and destitute.
Widows irrespective of age limit
Disabled Pensions having a minimum of 40% disability and are above 18 years of age.
Those who are unmarried or divorsed women will be eliblible for Pension as a Single Women person.
Fisherman is 50 years of age or above and destitute.
Those who are converted to Transgender they will be eligible for Pension.
Sanction Authority :
The municipal Commissioner is the sanctioning authority in respect of all pensions, in favour of eligible persons recommended by the Municipal Ward Sabha/ Mandal Parishad Development Officers is component authority for sanction of pension rural area at mandal level.
Farmer Producer Groups
Name of the Scheme: Farmer Producer Groups (FPOs)
1. To improve income generating activities to small and marginal Farmers in rural areas of APRIGP (Andhra Pradesh Rural Inclusive Growth Project) 3 Mandals
2. To reduce input cost of Agriculture and allied cultivation of the Farmers http://ikp.serp.ap.gov.in/APMAS/UI/Login.aspx
Name of the Scheme:
- Bank Linkage
- Capital Infusion
- Interest Subvention Scheme
- To facilitate Low interest rate loaning to eligible SHG Members towards creation of income generating activities.
- To avoid borrowing of SHG Members from private micro finance agencies and local money lenders for higher interest rate in rural areas. http://www.serp.ap.gov.in
- SthreeNidhi credit cooperative Federation Ltd., is promoted by the Government and the Mandal Samakhyas to supplement credit flow from banking sector and is a flagship programme of the Government. SthreeNidhi provides timely and affordable credit to the poor SHG members as a part of the overall strategy of SERP for poverty alleviation.
- SHGs are comfortable to access hassle free credit from SthreeNidhi as and when required using their mobile and therefore do not see any need to borrow from other sources at usurious rates of interest. SthreeNidhi is in a position to extend credit to the SHGs even in far flung areas of the state in 48 hours to meet credit needs for exigencies like health, education and other income generation needs like agriculture, dairy and other activities. As credit availability is linked to grading of MS and VOs, community is keen to improve functioning of the same to access higher amount of credit limits from SthreeNidhi. https://www.sthreenidhi.ap.gov.in/SNBank/UI/Home.aspx
- Towards the end of the first decade of IKP in the year 2009, it was observed that 20% of poor were still untouched, majority of whom belonged to socially vulnerable groups (SC/ST) and thus needed intensive handholding support. To address this critical gap, SERP evolved a more targeted and focused approach under IKP, to fight the poverty of the poorest known as Unnathi. http://www.serp.ap.gov.in
Rural Retail Chain:
Name of the Scheme: Rural Retail Chain (RRC)
AIM: Providing marketing platform to the products which are making by the SHG Members in APRIGP Mandals (3).
- All unorganized sector workers
- Age between 18 to 69 years
- Monthly income not more than Rs.15,000/-
- The members not having more than 2.5 Acres Wet land and 5.0 Acres Dry land
- Normal death Rs.2,00,000/- (Age 18 to 50 years)
- Normal death Rs.30,000/- (Age 51 to 59 years)
- Accidental deaths Rs.5,00,000/-
- Fully disability Rs.5,00,000/-
- Partial disability Rs.2,50,000/-
The policy holder children studying 9th, 10th, Intermediate and ITI will get Rs.1200/- per annum scholarships. http://www.chandrannabima.ap.gov.in
HD (Human Development) Activities:
Name of the Schemes:
- Kitchen Gardens,
- Back Yard Poultry,
- Shelf life products
- WASH (Water, Sanitation Health & Hygiene)
- Nutrition and dietetics is to establish and encourage good nutritional practice and standards as an integral part of the health care provided to the population of rural villagers in the District.
- Quality of chicken and egg is better in terms of organic farming as the birds are raised in stress less environment with natural input.
- Eradication of pneumonia disease to children those who are suffering.
- To protect human health by providing a clean environment that will stop the transmission of disease, especially through the fecal-oral route.
Anna Sanjeevani (Jeevanadhara):
- Jeevanadhara Pharmacy is a community based pharmacy scheme developed by the district administration in the year 2010 and managed by Zilla Samakhya, Visakhapatnam.
- The objective of Jeevanadhara is to provide quality generic medicines at an affordable cost to the public of Visakhapatnam District by giving 40% to 90% Discount Rates on MRP. Under the scheme, 380 varieties of Generic drugs from top 20 reputed pharmaceuticals are being sold.
- First Jeevanadhara Pharmacy store was established at KGH on 24.01.2010. At present 30 retail outlets are opened across the district serving the Poor community.
- Total turnover of Jeevanadhara pharmacy from the year 2010 to September, 2013 is Rs.5.31 Crores by giving 40% to 90% discount, Jeevanadhara economized public money from the year 2010 to 2013 is Rs. 15.00 Crores.
- Mission of Jeevanadhara Pharmacy is to bring awareness on generic medicines among Doctors and public of Visakhapatnam in order to reduce huge expenses on medicines by the public.
The Government of Andhra Pradesh as instated no of former welfare schemes in the Animal Husbandry Sector, to create Awareness to all needy formers and also bring the all schemes to the door steps of the former the live stock CRP system has been established.
In Visakhapatnam District both DPMU and TPMU Area the following CRPs have been trained and placed in all GPs as per the requirement.
The CRPs every month rendering the following activities pertaining to animal husbandry activity.
- Input Supply like Silage, TMR, Concentrate Feed and also involving the deworming of live stock and Sheep and Goat.
- They are facilitating insurance to the small ruminants and also involving the insurance process.
- They are facilitating 1team every month to all needy formers implementing by AH Department
- CRPs are mobilizing the infecelity animals to the health camps conducted by VAS of the Mandal.
- The CRPs are motivating the OPGK Cultivations and establishment in convergence with MGNREGS.
- The CRPs also attending VAS Office once in a week and working as per the instructions issued by the Mandal Doctor.