Rural Water Supply
Role & Functionality of Dept:
- There are 4 Revenue Divisions with Head quarters at Anakapalli, Paderu, Narsipatnam, Visakhapatnam. The District Consists of 46 Revenue mandals and 39 Rural Mandal parishads. 925 Gram panchayats exist in the District.
- There is one Municipal Corporation as well as 2 municipalities yellamanchili , Narsipatnam.
- The department of Rural Water Supply and sanitation is vested with the responsibility to supply safe drinking water and sanitation in the rural areas. For Supply of Drinking water in the rural spread over 5597 habitations government has created 21199 handpumps, 4061 PWS/MPWS schemes and 40 CPWS Schemes. The CPWS schemes itself to cater 454 habitations with a population of 6 lakhs.
The status of Habitations (as on 1.04.2019) is as follows
NC : Not Covered Habitations
NSS : No Safe Source Habitations (Quality Effected )
PC1 : Paritally Covered with 0.01 – 13.75 LPCD Supply (Litres Per Captia Demand)
PC2 : Paritally Covered with 13.76 – 27.5 LPCD Supply (Litres Per Captia Demand)
PC3 : Paritally Covered with 27.51 – 41.25 LPCD Supply (Litres Per Captia Demand)
PC4 : Paritally Covered with 41.26 – 54.99 LPCD Supply (Litres Per Captia Demand)
FC : Fully Covered with 55 and above LPCD Supply (Litres Per Captia Demand)
WORKS ON HANDS
|S.No||Programme||No of Works||Balance Est cost as on 1.04.2019||Expediture during the year 2019-20||Stage of Work||Target Habs for the year||Remarks|
|C||P||NS||Target||Target up to March||Achieved|
|1||NRDWP (MVS)||2||2717.43||266.92||2||58||58||0||Payakaraopeta -Near in completion
Anakapalli- will be completed 23.09.2019
|2||NABARD (MVS)||2||989.58||0.00||2||43||43||0||Makavarapalem – will be completed 29.08.2019
Sunkarimetta-will be completed 11.02.2020
|4||NRDWP (SVS) SOLAR||755||5662.5||124.38||514||241||0||0||0||Bore wells drilled for the progress works and the civil works not started due to the court case|
C: Completed ; P: Progress ; NS: Not Started.
Swacha Bharat Mission( Gramin):
Swachha Bharat Mission (SBM) was launched by Government of India on 2nd October, 2014 to make India Open Defecation Free (ODF) by 2019.
IHHLs status in the District:
- No of Mandals : 39
- No of Gram Panchayats : 925
- No of GPs achieved ODF Status as on 01.08.2018 :925
- Balance to be achieved during 2019-20 : Nil
|S.No.||Designation||Contact No||Mail ID|
|2||Executive Engineer, RWS&S, Visakhapatnam.||9100120812||eerwsvspm(at)gmail(dot)com|
|3||Executive Engineer, RWS&S, Paderu.||9100120847